Roles and Responsibilities
Greetings from Codemantra !!!
We are hiring Senior QA engineers !!!
Senior QA Engineer
The role of theSenior Quality Assurance Engineeris to develop and execute exploratory tests as well as automated tests to ensure quality of our products and solutions. As a Sr QA Engineer you will estimate, plan, and coordinate testing activities. You will also ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in a defect tracking system. The role presents a great opportunity to help set the bar on quality for our market-leading products in content solutions.
The individual in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans covering all functional areas of testing
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Set up required test beds (hardware, software and network)
- Test software releases by executing assigned test cases (manual and/or automated)
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Provide feedback on product quality, acting as a gatekeeper for all our products
- Work with DevOps team to drive adoption of best practices for software quality by the development team
- Stay updated on tools, technologies and content formats in the publishing domain
- Stay updated on popular testing tools and best practices for software quality
- Develop broader knowledge of products and solutions, to provide assistance in pre-sales scenarios and solutioning
The right candidate should be a seasoned SQA engineer with an eye for details. Should have experience leading QA teams. Should have good communication and interpersonal skills, be motivated, results oriented, customer-focused, and have strong problem-solving skills.
Skills and Experience
- 8-10 years in a Software Engineering team, with 5+ years in a Quality Assurance role
- 5+ years of experience working in content solutions/digital publishing domain
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing using tools such as Selenium
- Solid knowledge of content formats (PDF, XML, HTML, ePub) and composition tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL, Scripting and Data Analysis
- Knowledge and experience related to Accessibility standards is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
Role:Automation Test Engineer
Salary: 8,00,000 - 12,00,000 P.A.
Functional AreaEngineering - Software
Role CategoryQuality Assurance and Testing
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
codeMantra Pvt Ltd