Software QA Manager
The role of the Software QA Manager is to manage a growing team of SQA Engineers testing Codemantra products and solutions. You will collaborate with QA, software development and product management teams to deliver high-quality software solutions in a fast-paced environment. Team responsibilities include hands-on functional testing, system testing, performance and regression testing using scripts, tools and automation. As a QA Manager, you will estimate, plan, and coordinate testing activities. You will also ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in a defect tracking system. The role presents a great opportunity to help set the bar on quality for our market-leading products in content solutions.
The individual in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Manage and lead a team of QA Engineers to ensure the highest quality product delivery
- Provide technical guidance and leadership for a team of QA engineers
- Define test strategy, tools and process for quality assurance of Codemantra products and solutions
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Define, rollout, and enforce best practice processes in the areas of functional, system, performance and regression testing using a combination of manual and automated testing
- Oversee and report on the development, execution and results of test plans
- Provide feedback on product quality, acting as a gatekeeper for all our products
- Work with DevOps team to drive adoption of best practices for software quality by the development team
- Recruit, interview and hire new QA engineers
- Stay updated on tools, technologies and content formats in the publishing domain
- Stay updated on popular testing tools and best practices for software quality
- Leverage broader knowledge of products and solutions, to support pre-sales scenarios and solutioning
- Provide assistance in setting up test environments for demos, trials and partner evaluations
The right candidate should be a seasoned SQA manager with experience owning product quality. Should have experience leading QA teams. Should have good communication and interpersonal skills, be motivated, results oriented, customer-focused, and have strong problem-solving skills.
Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of experience managing a software QA team with direct reports
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 8-10 years of overall experience in software engineering or quality assurance, with 3+ years of experience working in content solutions/digital publishing domain
- Proven experience with Agile, Scrum, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Proven track record of completing projects to specifications while dealing with challenges such as cross-team dependencies, changing schedules and requirements.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Demonstrated experience in measuring and reporting quality-related metrics to identify trends and proactively solve problems
- Strong people management skills, with a proven ability to hire and grow talented QA engineers
- Demonstrated expertise in black box and white box testing methodologies
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness.
- Familiarity with automation frameworks (especially using Python and Java)
- Demonstrated ability to operate within short release cycles
- Solid knowledge of content formats (PDF, XML, HTML, ePub) and composition tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL, Scripting and Data Analysis
- Knowledge of LMS is a plus
- Knowledge and experience related to Accessibility standards is a plus
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
Salary: 10,00,000 - 14,00,000 P.A.
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:Any Graduate in Any Specialization
codeMantra Pvt Ltd
Codemantra uses technology, automation, process management and deep industry experience to design innovative solutions that improve the competitive position of our publishing partners. Simply put, we give you an edge.