Roles and Responsibilities
GREETINGS FROM CODEMANTRA !!!
The role of the Technical Writer is to create documentation for our products such as user guides, feature specifications, release notes, FAQs and knowledge base articles. The candidate should have proven experience in a technical field, such as software development, computer science, or engineering. The candidate should be able to evaluate and analyse complex information, possessing a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
The individual in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for the target audience
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Work with cross functional leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
The right candidate should be motivated, passionate, and thrive in the fast-paced culture of a dynamic company. Should have strong writing skills, the ability to synthesize technical content from an SME and create materials that clearly explain the topic/task to end users based on their persona. Should work independently with minimal supervision while aligning with the teams styles and standards.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in relevant technical field
- 5+ years of industry experience as a technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing technical documents for software products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience using publishing and authoring tools, such as MS Office, Arbor text Editor, Adobe RoboHelp, Adobe Professional, Adobe FrameMaker, and Author-it.
- Experience working with engineering teams to improve user experience (design, UI) and help refine content, create visuals and diagrams for technical content
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
- Firm understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Software development experience is a plus
- Experience using XML tools to create documentation
Relevant candidate can share your resume to email@example.com
Role:Software Development - Other
Salary: 6,00,000 - 12,00,000 P.A.
Industry:IT Services & Consulting
Functional AreaEngineering - Software
Role CategorySoftware Development
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization
codeMantra Pvt Ltd
Codemantra uses technology, automation, process management and deep industry experience to design innovative solutions that improve the competitive position of our publishing partners. Simply put, we give you an edge.